Sunday, September 1, 2013

Gluten-free crepe-style pancakes to die for

I LOVE Sundays and especially Sunday mornings. One of my favorite things to do is make breakfast. I tend to splurge a little as I am usually pretty freaking healthy all week. A few months back I had posted a recipe for gluten-free pancakes that I thought were damn good. But more recently, I came up with my own recipe and I must say they turned out mighty fine. The thing I like about these pancakes is they are very thin. At first I thought I had ruined them because I am used to the fluffy thicker type of pancake. BUT they are actually very similar to crepes and less heavy which I am a huge fan of.


What you will need:

1 cup white rice flour
1 Tbs Stevia
2 tsp baking powder
pinch salt
1 cup Almond milk (Unsweetened Vanilla)
½ tsp. vanilla
1 egg
2 Tbs coconut oil 
cooking spray
cookie sheet
foil 
Trader Joe's Organic Maple Syrup

Step 1:

Preheat your griddle to medium heat and your oven to 200 degrees. Also, take a piece of foil and lay out on a cookie sheet and then fold in half.

Step 2:

In a medium bowl, combine the white rice flour, sugar, baking powder and salt with a whisk.

Step 3:

In another medium bowl, combine the milk, vanilla, egg and oil. Whisk until mixed well. 

Step 4:

Add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and whisk it together. 

Step 5:

Coat the griddle well with non-stick cooking spray. I use an Olive oil spray. Using a 1/4 measuring cup, scoop some batter out of the bowl and onto the griddle. Once it starts to bubble it's time to flip them.

Step 6:

As you finish each pancake, put under the foil and back into the oven to stay warm. At this time you can also heat your syrup. I always do this because there's nothing worse than a nice hot pancake with cold syrup!



***

Ready to serve! 


I always make pancakes with turkey bacon as the combo is outrageous. Adding any type of berry to it also takes it to another level. I just recently started using coconut milk in my coffee instead of half n half and I'm addicted. Enjoy and Happy Sunday!!!



-Kate










No comments:

Post a Comment