Thursday, December 5, 2013

Quinoa salad any day of the week

I absolutely LOVE quinoa. I'm such a carb lover that I really get my fix when I eat quinoa. I eat the red, plain and tri-colored quinoa and dig em all. I also always always cook it with chicken or vegetable broth instead of water as it gives it a lot more flavor. 

I have recently been a bit bored with the same old quinoa from the bag that I usually have with some veggies and some type of meat. So I decided to venture out and find a new recipe that was exciting, tasty and not super complicated. Well I will tell you…I found it. 

I would love to say I made this recipe up but that would be lying and I believe credit should be given to the creator of this amazing concoction. I got this recipe from one of my favorites, Kris Carr. Click here for to be inspired. I'm sure you have all heard of her and if you haven't, shame on you. Really. She's an inspiration at the very least and she has amazing recipes. This one is called the Mediterranean Quinoa Salad with Capers. It's like nothing I've ever tried and it's freaking amazing. 


What you will need:

3 cups quinoa, cooked
1/4 cup olive oil
3 tablespoons fresh mint or dill, shredded (I used mint)
3 tablespoons capers
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 tablespoon lemon zest
3 tablespoons pine nuts, lightly toasted (I threw them in raw)
3 cloves garlic, minced 
2 tablespoons leek, finely minced
Salt and pepper to taste

*Hand toss all ingredients, serve warm or chilled. Serves 4 (or 1 for multiple days!)


Enjoy!



-Kate


No comments:

Post a Comment