Friday, August 23, 2013

It's all about your diet

I am a huge Bob Harper fan as I believe I've mentioned before. I love the workouts he puts people through, he's just the right amount of intense and he has great tips for weight loss and overall health. I just recently read this article about how yes, exercise is very important and can aid in losing weight. However, the emphasis is on your diet. Click here for the full article.

Those people that think well I am going to eat this massive burger and fries because I will run afterwards so it's OK.... are waay off. No, it's not OK. A mindset like this will not only prevent you from reaching your long term weight loss goals, but you are damaging your body. Eating foods that have absolutely zero nutritional value baffles me and I don't understand it. It's such a waste and you have so many opportunities to fuel your body with amazing nutrients so why put something into your system that only harms you? I don't understand it. 

Enough with that rant. The point I want to make is simply that what you eat is way more important than how much you exercise. The key to making this work is to find new and creative ways to incorporate healthy foods/recipes into your life. Otherwise, you will go right back to that juicy burger and fries...because it tastes so good. Why settle for cardboard? If you can continue to create new dishes and constantly try new things, you are more likely to stay on your path to wellness. Eating healthy doesn't have to be boring.

I am planning on sharing many more new and fun healthy recipe ideas in the near future so stay tuned and get excited!  


I've posted this pic before and it speaks volumes.


***






Real food = healthy mind = healthy body = HAPPINESS


-Kate







No comments:

Post a Comment