Tuesday, February 25, 2014

A few of my favorite foods

I am one of those people that likes pretty much anything when it comes to food. I'm not picky at all. However, that being said, I am very selective with what I allow myself to eat. They are two completely different things. Really. 

Although I include a lot of variety in my day to day meals, there are a few foods I am obsessed with. In fact, anything I like tends to turn into me being "obsessed" with it. I'm just weird like that. However, despite this fun fact I just shared with you, don't discount the validity of these things I'm obsessed with because they are all truly amazing in their own way. Kicker? They are all healthy, tasty and have amazing nutritious benefits. 


*Berries: promote cell health and protect against disease AND they are super delish and refreshing. I have them for breakfast, snacks, dessert and throw them in my water*



*Avocados: an excellent source of vitamin E, potassium and antioxidants. You can eat avocados with absolutely anything and everything. I eat them a la carte all the time. I just add salt, pepper, red pepper flakes and some lemon juice*


*Quinoa: a great source of protein and fiber. Can't get enough of this stuff. I literally eat it TO DEATH. I always make it with chicken broth for more flavor and like to add diced veggies, greens or shredded meat to it to spruce it up*


*Sweet potaotes: High in fiber, antioxidants and vitamins. I think at this point my obsession can definitely be characterized as a bit worrisome. Translation- I LOVE them* 


*Hummus: Chickpeas, the main ingredient in hummus, are rich in fiber and protein. They also contain vitamins and minerals such as folic acid. I put hummus on everything. Toast, crackers, celery, you name it. Such a nice addition to veggies*


*Lemons: I have warm lemon water every morning. It's a great way to wake up the ole bod. I also put lemon in my water throughout the day, on veggies, seafood and will pretty much add it to anything I can. As an alkaline food, lemons help balance out your pH levels which is SO important to your health. Lemon juice also helps flush out toxins and aids in digestion*


*Nuts: loaded with protein, vitamin E and calcium. Nuts are one of my favorite snacks. They are filling and the crunch factor makes them really satisfying!*

What are some of your favorite foods?








No comments:

Post a Comment