Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Acai Bowls

A few days ago, I woke up with this incredibly intense desire for an acai bowl. A big one. 

I rarely eat acai bowls but in sticking with my theme of "mixing it up" I was really craving one and thought it may just kill me if I don't have one. 

It was a holiday, however, so nothing was open. I had a small but very real panic attack. I felt I MUST have one. So my friend and I decided to take matters into our own hands and make them ourselves. 

We were very successful. 



Homemade Acai Bowls:

2 Sambazon packets
1/4 cup of organic apple juice 
2 mangos 
1 banana
1 cup of blueberries
1 cup of strawberries
2-3 kiwis
1/2 cup granola of your choice
1 tsp bee pollen
1 tsp raw honey
*Serves 2

Put the Sambazon packets in a blender with the apple juice and lightly blend on low for only about 10 seconds. Throw it in a pretty bowl. Then cut up all the fruit ( you can add in whatever fruit you want) and add into the mix, followed by the granola, honey and bee pollen. Such a treat!


***














No comments:

Post a Comment