Thursday, February 13, 2014

Eat Breakfast!

I'm a huge breakfast advocate. Meaning, I never skip it. Ever. I think it's the most important meal of the day. I believe whatever you choose to eat for breakfast sets the tone for the entire day. 

I have also found that changing it up and not having the same thing every single morning makes a huge difference. It's important to trick your body. If you have the same thing every morning, your body gets used to digesting it and almost expects it. 



I've had many conversations with people that want nothing to do with breakfast. And although I can see other viewpoints, this is one I just don't get. The excuse I hear the most is "I don't have time" which is confusing to me because how long does it take to throw a banana in your purse?! It doesn't have to be a huge cooking session. As long as you are putting some nutrients in your body it doesn't matter. It comes down to this: When you first wake up, your body is still in sleep mode. If you don't put anything in your system until lunch, your metabolism never really "wakes up"…Your body has been fasting all night long so until you break that fast (Hence, break-fast), you will not be burning calories as efficiently and really your metabolism will not be working as it should!

Eating breakfast has many benefits and will prevent you from overeating not only at lunch but throughout the entire day. It jump starts your metabolism and gets your brain functioning. So…theme of the day? Whatever it takes, get something in your mouth in the a.m! Your life depends on it. Dramatic? NO. 

 I will be featuring some fun and easy breakfast recipes soon so stay tuned! 




***




-Kate






No comments:

Post a Comment