Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Cauliflower Risotto? Yes, please!



I love love carbs. I just do. I could pass on dessert any day and house an entire loaf of french bread in about 4 seconds. I really could. However, I don't want to be an unhealthy slob SO I'm constantly looking for ways to get my "fix" without forgoing taste and creativity. 

I eat the crap out of veggies but sometimes I need something more. I recently came across this amaaaazing recipe for cauliflower risotto and it literally almost killed me. I got it from http://www.forkandbeans.com/ 

It's a super easy recipe and doesnt take much time at all. I discovered it about two weeks ago and I've made it three times. I'm tellin ya, it's damn good. Added bonus? It's vegan, grain and gluten-free. Uh-huh. 


What you need:
1/2 medium head of cauliflower, chopped in a food processor (or a blender)
2 cups spinach, chopped
1 can white beans, rinsed and drained, divided (I used Great Northern Beans)
1/2 c. vegetable broth
1 large shallot, diced
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 Tb sundried tomatoes
1 Tb capers
1/2 tsp fresh thyme, or 1 tsp dried
toasted pinenuts, optional
                                                
  • In a medium-sized pot, heat 1 Tb olive oil on medium heat until warmed.
  • Place the shallots, garlic, and Thyme inside and saute for 2-3 minutes or until fragrant and translucent.
  • Place 1/2 the can of beans and vegetable broth into the pot and simmer for 5 minutes.
  • Blend all of the contents together until creamy and smooth.
  • Add cauliflower, sun-dried tomatoes, remainder beans and spinach.
  • Cover with a lid and allow to heat through for a good 5 minutes.
  • Add the capers before you serve and garnish with toasted pinenuts.
**I also added a tiny bit of Himalayan pink salt!
I ate the risotto as a meal but you can also have it as a side with some grilled chicken or shrimp. Pretty ridic. 


 









No comments:

Post a Comment