Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Kris Carr's homemade marinara sauce!

Anyone who knows me knows my obsession with Kris Carr and her recipes. She is such a huge inspiration for me and her ability to create the most delicious but healthy recipes blows my mind. One of my favorite meals to make, especially recently, is turkey meatballs with spaghetti squash and roasted veggies. Super easy and YUM-MY. The only problem I ever run into is the sauce. It's very hard to find a good sauce that isn't loaded with crap. There is usually one brand, maybe two, to choose from. So I have made it my mission to make my own. Well...with the help of a rockstar (a.k.a. KC). I made this marinara sauce a few days ago and almost died it was so good. I had to share!!
What you will need:
1 cup cherry tomatoes ( I used heirloom the first time)
1 yellow bell pepper
1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes
1 cup basil
1 tablespoon olive oil
sea salt to taste
dried thyme to taste
dried oregano to taste
red pepper flakes to taste if you like it spicy
Blend all the ingredients and then heat it up on the stove- All set!

photo(74) 

Spaghetti squash, roasted broccoli and cauliflower, sauteed mushrooms, pesto turkey meatballs and the lusciously decadent sauce to top it off- Killer!





 

No comments:

Post a Comment