Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Blogger Official?

A few days ago I wrote my 70th post! I can't believe what started out as a "dream" and something I have always just talked about doing, became a reality. I thought it would appropriate to re-post the very first blog posting I wrote back in May. And more importantly because I have fallen even more inlove with coconut oil since then :)

Thank you to everyone for your continued support and I hope you continue to enjoy it!


Coconut Oil is probably the best thing on the planet. Now that I have incorporated this little gem into my daily life, I don't know how I ever survived without it. The fact that you can not only put this all over your bod, but you can also ingest it. Who would've thought there could be such a creation? Every morning when I wake up I make myself a little concoction consisting of hot H2O, lemon juice (juice squeezed from real lemons), a tsp of coconut oil, turmeric, a tbsp of apple cider vinegar and a tsp of raw honey. It's the only thing that really gets me going in the morning. After drinking this little treat, I get a jolt of energy similar to drinking a triple latte-no joke. It's an inexpensive and healthy way to get some healthy energy and start the day.


Other uses for this heavenly oil:

• Face and body lotion: I like to lather this puppy on after I shower. It absorbs quickly and doesn't leave an oily residue like you would think.
• Cooking: I alternate between coconut oil and olive oil when I'm cooking. However, I've become partial to coconut oil as it creates an amazing taste with anything I'm making.
• Eye Makeup Remover: I hate using CVS-style eye makeup removers. They all sting the crap out of my eyes and never fully remove my makeup. Coconut oil gets the job done and is known to help remove wrinkles (yes, please!) and is easy on the eyes.
• Shaving: I don't know about you but shaving cream just doesn't do it for me. Coconut oil mixed with a little water works like a charm for perfectly shaven legs with an additional perk of leaving your legs super smooth.
• Tea: I have about 3-4 cups of tea a day if not more. I'm a bit obsessed. I always add a tiny tsp of coconut oil to my tea. It may seem a bit odd but it adds great flavor and is a great way to take in the health benefits of this amazing oil.

These are only a few ways coconut oil can be used. For more details on the benefits of coconut oil click here



No comments:

Post a Comment