Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Why you should be eating grapefruits ALL the time


Did you know grapefruits are almost 90% water?

I have always been a grapefruit gal. Oranges are OK but I prefer grapefruit. When I have a mimosa, I always get it with grapefruit juice instead of orange juice. The best part about this is they are incredibly nutritious and even help with weight loss! Eh hem...come again? Yes. This is true. 

It's definitely a fact that running for miles and sweating every day aids in weight loss. However, in addition to that (notice I said in addition to not in place of...wink wink) there are a ton of different fat-burning, metabolism-boosting foods that can help you on your road to looking and feeling your best. Grapefruits happen to be one of those foods.

Health Benefits:
 High in Vitamin C
Support the immune system
Lowers cholestorol
High in Antioxidants
Contain many cancer preventing properties
Great source of protein
Lowers insulin which can lead to weight loss


 ***

The best time to eat a grapefruit is first thing in the morning on an empty stomach. They are also great snacks and more recently I've added them to my water! Just peel the skin off and cut into little slices and throw them in your water bottle. Super easy! 

***Gotta love grapefruits***




1 comment: