Friday, July 19, 2013

Mahaloooo!

I spent a week in Hawaii and it was gorgeous of course. It's almost like there is something in the air where the minute you get off the plane the only thing you want to do is well...absolutely nothing. Laying in the sand and having someone deliver endless Pina Coladas to you by the hour sounds picture perfect. I did struggle with trying to eat well while still being able to enjoy what Hawaii has to offer (especially chocolate covered macadamia nuts which get me every time). It was tough. However, I did make it to the gym a few times, went on a killer hike and I think overall I managed to stick with my "everything in moderation" motto :)

Here are a few pics of my island adventures!


*ALWAYS stock up on water as soon as you check in*


*Our amazing view during lunch at Lulu's*


*Ahi poke for lunch*


*Greeted with champagne when we arrive. Nice little treat!*


*My favorite beach coverup*


* Waikiki beach*


*Finally got to go shark cage diving! This is our cage separating us from the Galapagos sharks. It was insane and amazing*


*Carrot juice for breakfast one morning. Trying to stay away from breakfast buffets!*


*A cucumber vodka w/soda and Hawaiian love*


*Three years in a row of planking the same tunnel on the top of KoKo Head hike*


*Salad with fresh grilled fish. Tossed the bread....I really did ;)*


*Morning Kona coffee every day*


*Turkey bacon sandwich and green tea. Again, dodging muffins and endless breakfast buffets*


*Aloe vera juice after a workout*


*My favorite Hawaiian snack! Taro chips. They are actually pretty healthy for a "chip" and they are so freaking good*


*Had to literally drag myself to the gym a few days to get in the cardio but felt awesome afterwards*


*Just finished hiking KoKo Head which is about 1,048 steps up! Killer workout and amazing views*


*A meat and cheese splurge moment*


*Where we spent most of our time*


*Breakfast at Dukes on our last day. Yogurt with granola and coconut, platter of fresh fruit, Kona coffee and grapefruit juice*


*Greg and I on our last night. Bittersweet*

Aloha and Mahalo!! Back to the real world :)






No comments:

Post a Comment