Monday, June 23, 2014

Suja Juice 3 Day Cleanse: Day 1

I am doing a three day Suja Juice cleanse and I thought it would be appropriate to document my journey. I have been wanting to do this cleanse for a long time so I’m pretty pumped! Bring. It. On.



Day 1:

I woke up so rested and singing carpe diem! I stumbled down the stairs to start brewing some much needed coffee when it dawned on me…I can’t have coffee. Whaaaaaat the hell? It hurt. 

How is it possible that I forgot that I start my three day juice only cleanse today? I've only been talking about it for a week straight now. I am supposed to have warm water with lemon juice instead. I love lemon juice and I love water BUT I really, really need coffee today. Tough shit, Kate. Get over it. I must be strong as it is only the first hour of the first day of a three day cleanse. Pathetic.

This is going to be a lot harder than I thought. Especially when all I could do was dream of the breakfast I had this weekend consisting of a fried egg, sweet potato hash and turkey bacon. My kitchen even still had the lingering bacon smell which made me want to grab the bacon out of the fridge and start gnawing on it. Raw. OK, maybe that’s a bit dramatic. But maybe not.. 

I drank my warm lemon water and grabbed my juices to bring to work and was out the door. The whole way to work my stomach was growling as if I had been deprived of food for weeks. I almost always eat breakfast before I leave for work so I think my body was a bit confused and probably a little pissed off. 

I had my first juice, Glow, as soon as I got to work and it was gone in about three seconds. I even spilled a little on my chin like a ravenous beast. I waited 20 minutes to feel a glimpse of satisfaction but it never came. I’m going to die of starvation I continued to say to myself.

Just as I thought I may actually survive, a co-worker walks in with a breakfast sandwich-how rude can you be?! I shot her a dirty look as I sipped my water…going into my EMPTY belly. Screw her.

It’s now 10:30am and I think it’s time for my next juice. Fuel. A little sweeter due to the carrots and things are looking up.

(30 minutes later) Fuel my ass. I feel drained not fueled! Not sure this cleanse was a good idea. Hopefully things will improve throughout the day.

Apologies for my negativity as I’m just really hungryyyyyyy. Stay tuned. 









1 comment:

  1. I'm really appreciating your honesty in this piece! I can't wait to hear how you feel throughout this because I've heard people say the beginning is tough and then they feel better. Keep us posted :)

    ReplyDelete