Monday, June 17, 2013

Organic Apple Cider Vinegar

Apple Cider Vinegar is God's gift to creation. There is no other way to describe it. Not only are there so many health benefits, but it couldn't be any more natural. It's made from apples for God's sake. It amazes me how something that contains basically two ingredients; apples and purified water ( which is needed to dilute a bit as the acidity is very high) can have so many benefits for your health. The apples are fermented to hard apple cider and then fermented again to apple cider vinegar. It contains what they call the "mother" of vinegar which are strand-like protein enzymes. You want the 'mother' in your lives, trust me.

I have pushed apple cider vinegar on many people and I'll admit it. I've done it at work with co-workers, friends and even people I had just met. That's how much I believe in this stuff. The two reactions I get the most from people are 1) It tastes like crap and is hard to drink 2) It makes their stomachs upset.

I too felt the same way about this stuff in the beginning. However, I have a solution to both. I personally like to mix it with warm water and honey. I don't make a huge cup of it but I definitely have to take a few gulps till it's gone. The reason I do it that way is the honey/warm water combo is soothing and takes the acidity of the apple cider vinegar down a few notches. It also masks the taste a bunch. I think it's easier on your stomach as well to do it this way as opposed to just taking a shot of it. 

I also recommend eating something immediately after you drink it. You can drink it at any time of the day but I always drink it right before a meal and I never have issues with an upset stomach. 



Apple Cider Vinegar Benefits
 Aids in weight loss (should I stop here?)
Rich in natural enzymes and potassium

Helps with digestion and pH Balance

Detoxifies and supports immune system

Great for your skin, face, hair and muscles

A few little tricks of mine

* I like to use it after I shampoo my hair. It will leave your hair healthy and shiny. I would do this about three times a week. Just add about 1/2 tbs of apple cider vinegar and a cup of water to a bottle of some sort and put it on after you shampoo your hair, then rinse. You will see results!

* I put about 2 cups into my bath water a few times a week. It's great for your skin and if you are working out regularly, which I know you all are (or better be!) it's very soothing to your muscles. 

* I always keep a bottle in my bathroom cabinet and one in the kitchen for easy access. A bit obsessive? Not at all. 

* If you have a sore throat, skip the Halls drops and drink warm water with honey, cinnamon and apple cider vinegar. It works so well I'm baffled every time. You do have to be consistent with it until it heals but as long as you don't have full on strep throat, it works like a charm! 

*One last tip, always make sure you buy the right kind. Make sure it's organic, unfiltered, unheated and unpasteurized. I always go with Bragg's! 


*This is a 32 ounce bottle almost gone after a week. Didn't stand a chance the second it hit my shopping cart. Goodness goes fast in our house :)

Kick start your week by introducing your body to Bragg's if you haven't already.
I can ensure you, once introduced, it will be a lifelong relationship. 

Click here for the Bragg's site







No comments:

Post a Comment