Saturday, June 1, 2013

Spa Day at Mi Casa

Just like pretty much every girl on this planet, I LOVE spa days. There's nothing better than planning a day where your only task is to relax. I would go a few times a month if I could, however, there's that little thing called free time and money. So...I have created a spa experience in the comfort of my own home. Does it compare to an all day spa at a nice resort? Nope. But it's darn close and doesn't attack your wallet. 


My favorite trio is a hot bath, facial scrub and face mask.

I almost always throw two cups of Epsom salt, a cup of apple cider vinegar and some drops of essential oils such as lavender into my baths. Epsom salt is extremely detoxing and eliminates toxins from the body amongst many other things. Apple cider vingear, besides being amazing because it just is, also helps with detoxification, drawing out toxins and relieving skin conditions such as eczema and acne.

More recently, I've been taking oatmeal baths. They are AMAZING for peeps with dry skin like myself.

Use plain old oatmeal. You can pour the oatmeal directly in the bath, however, I use a coffee filter as it's a little less messy. 
Add 1/2 cup to the filter


*Add a few drops of your favorite Essential Oil. I chose Lavender*


*Tie it up with a rubber band and put it in the tub. Throughout your bath gently squeeze it and the "oatmeal water" and oils will empty out into the bath water*


*Add some candles, a water pillow (Yup!) and some relaxing jams*

I usually follow a bath with a facial scrub and mask. It really adds to the whole experience. 

Facial Scrub
 1/4 cup olive oil
1/2 cup brown sugar
mix together and rub into your skin
rinse with a warm washcloth 


Face Mask
Honey. 
Smother your face with honey
Leave on for 15-20 min
Rinse and follow up with your favorite moisturizer

Enjoy your at-home spa day!!







No comments:

Post a Comment