Saturday, March 1, 2014

Green Goddess

I was recently inspired by one of my really good friends to consume as many greens as I can this month. She is such an unbelievable inspiration for health and wellness. Do yourself a favor and check out her blog @ http://babybefree.wordpress.com/ You can thank me later. 

Upon arising this morning, I was overly excited to make toast and scrambled eggs with coffee. I went to bed a little hungry last night so when I woke up this morning, my stomach was growling like I hadn't eaten in days. I can't remember the last Saturday morning where I had absolutely nothing to do. It was glorious. As I made my way to the kitchen, stumbling with overeagerness, I stopped and had a moment of clarity. March=Month of greens. "Put the bread back, Kate"...the voice in my head said to me. And although it was Dave's Killer Bread...I still was able to return the loaf safely back to its home. Did it hurt a little? Yes. Was I eyeing the shelf it lives on like a stalker while blending? YES. 

But I must celebrate my heritage, right? St. Patty's Day/Month was a perfect excuse to go green. Without further ado, I busted out the blender and went to town. Thanks to Cheri. 

Here is my creation

*Green Goddess*

1 cup of spinach
1/2 cup of carrots
1/2 a lemon
1/2 cup parsley
1/2 a zucchini
1/2 a cucumber
1 apple ( I used Pink Lady)
4 celery stalks
1 tsp chia seeds
1 cup of coconut water
sprinkle of cinnamon on top
a drizzle of raw honey on the top (for pazazz)

***


Have a relaxing Saturday!











No comments:

Post a Comment