Saturday, March 8, 2014

Live in the NOW

I’ve realized more than ever recently that I am very guilty of doing too many things at once and not just enjoying the moment. I feel like I’m always trying to get ahead and that I MUST always utilize my time efficiently or I will never have the life I’ve envisioned. 

I’m in front of a computer all day at work and on my phone. As soon as I get home, I’m listening to my iPod while running on the treadmill, while watching the news…then I open my laptop to work some more….while texting or talking on the phone, with the TV on in the background. Scary. 

Could I blame most of this on work? I could. But I won’t. Because the reality is, it’s me. I wish I could blame someone or something else. It’s easier that way. However, the bottom line is I need to be better about thinking the world is going to end if I’m not constantly doing something. It’s no way to live!

There have been many times I was out to lunch with someone while texting, on the phone talking to someone about their day while composing an email, etc. The list goes on. I’m not proud of it and I want to change. It is these very moments that I am missing out on because I am never fully “present” and that is not OK with me. I told myself I would work on this and make it a priority, otherwise I am going to miss out on things I don’t even know I’m missing out on?! Seriously. Effective immediately. Can anyone identify with this? Think you may struggle with the same affliction?


This article fell in my lap today and it was spot on. Life really does fly by and although we are all busy, have agendas and are all trying to get ahead and just survive- we need to take a step back and enjoy the moment. Appreciate the little things, the now. This article talks about a few ways we can work on this.

Click here


***


***


***


***


***


This weekend, appreciate the little things, the moment :)


“You must live in the present, launch yourself on every wave, find your eternity in each moment. Fools stand on their island of opportunities and look toward another land. There is no other land; there is no other life but this.”









No comments:

Post a Comment