Friday, May 10, 2013

A Snacking Way of Life


I’m definitely not one of those three big meals a day type of gals. I eat about five small meals a day and feel I’m never really “starving” which allows me to eat without gorging myself and feeling like I’m six months pregnant after dinner. Because of this, I’m a huge fan of snacking and feel like I’m literally always eating. BUT as long as you make good choices with what you decide to put in the ole bod, you will be just fine. Although you have to be careful with snacking because sometimes it can lead to overeating if you aren’t careful ;)


For those of you that work during the day and don’t have your kitchens easily accessible, making some snacks the night before and bringing them to work with you is a great way to steer clear of yucky vending machine items, cafeteria food, etc. If you have the healthy snacks available, you’re less likely to make a bad food choice. Something I used to do is I would bring a snack for the drive home or to eat before dinner. It sounds like a lot of work to have to worry about that but it’s a great way to give yourself something small so you aren’t completely famished when you walk in the door.  



Some of my favorite snacks

Hummus with veggies (Cucumber & red bell peppers)

Mixed nuts (lightly salted)
Banana or apple with peanut butter and honey

Fruit (berries are the best)

String cheese (filling, easy and not too bad in the calorie department)

Popcorn

Celery with peanut butter

Edamame 
Spelt cakes with avocado, sea salt n pepper, squeeze of lemon juice
Pumpkin seeds 



**Hummus is one of my favorite things ever so I’ve become somewhat of a connoisseur. The best hummus I’ve had thus far is Eat Well Enjoy Life's Spicy Yellow Lentil Hummus with Sunflower Seeds and Apricot. The mix sounds a bit odd, yes, but it's sooo good and has a bit of a kick to it. If you try this, addiction is most likely going to take place.




No comments:

Post a Comment