Monday, May 6, 2013

Adjusting to the Gluten-free lifestyle...

Recently, I've cut out gluten from my diet. I didn't do it for allergy reasons but I just feel so much better when I cut out or at least limit my intake of gluten. Upon doing this I have become more aware of all the various gluten-free products on the market. They have a ton out there especially at Whole Foods.

A rule I always stick to is allowing myself to indulge every now and then. I'm extremely healthy every day, however, just like everyone else I enjoy eating foods that aren't the best for me but are so darn good. One of my favorite "cheat" meals is breakfast. I love making pancakes especially on weekends so I can take my time. I discovered this amazing mix at our local Seaside market and was not expecting it to be that good. I mean how good can gluten-free pancakes be? Oh my goodness they were to die for. I also added in a tsp of vanilla extract to the mix-heaven. Diced up strawberries on top is super delish and makes it look fancy (blueberries are great too). Pair these bad boys with some turkey bacon and REAL maple syrup and you have yourself an amazing breakfast. 



1 comment:

  1. Incredibly delicious and the Heath benefits don't hurt either!

    ReplyDelete