Thursday, May 9, 2013

Trader Joe's Gluten-Free Oatmeal

I believe one of the main components to sticking with your healthy lifestyle is variety. As I've mentioned previously, I'm a huge advocate for the importance of having breakfast, and a good hearty one at that. Oatmeal is a great option for breakfast. It's quick, full of fiber and has a comforting aspect to it. I use the Trader Joe's Rolled Oats which are 100% whole grain and gluten/wheat/dairy free. Since the oatmeal is plain and doesn't have much flavor sometimes I like to do 1/2 water, 1/2 almond milk which gives it a little kick. I always add a tsp of coconut oil, some cinnamon of course and a tsp of raw honey. Also, I always cook it on the stove as I am not a huge fan of the microwave but do you what you gotta do ;) 


No comments:

Post a Comment