Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Roasted Brussels Sprouts yum yum

Until about a year ago I had never really had Brussels sprouts before. I mean I'm sure I had tried them at some point but they were so forgetful I can't even be sure. I was reintroduced to these leafy greens by my friend Summer. I remember she was coming over to make dinner and had mentioned she was bringing some "mixed" veggies to roast in the oven. It wasn't until later that I discovered that she had brought Brussels sprouts. I am someone that likes pretty much anything when it comes to food. So I wasn't worried, however, it really dawned on me that I had never given these things a chance. I am now a HUGE fan and I have Summer to thank for enlightening me with these delicious and nutritious greens. 

I never realized how incredibly amazing Brussels sprouts are for you. They are an excellent source of vitamins C, antioxidants, have large amounts of fiber and are known for helping to reduce your risk of cancer to name a few :) For a complete list of benefits: click here

You can cook them a variety of ways but I prefer to roast them. I love mixing them with sweet potatoes and you can pretty much cook them together as they take about the same amount of time. 



1 1/2 tbsp Coconut Oil or Olive Oil

Garlic Salt (small amount)

Red pepper flakes

Bragg Organic Sprinkle Seasoning
Himalayan salt

Fresh ground pepper 

Tupperware (ha)

Shake shake it up...





Ready to roast in the oven. Enjoy!




1 comment: