Monday, May 6, 2013

Salad Lover

I'm a huge salad person. I could literally eat a massive bowl of salad every day. BUT I have to change it up or I will get bored real quick. It's all about variety. I also pretty much always add some type of meat/protein to the salad as well as some type of nuts/seeds. This salad is one of my faves and it never disappoints. I used the already cooked shrimp and just sauteed it with olive oil, garlic, salt n pepper and some lemon. If you want to be a little bad, add some Italian style croutons :)

2 handfuls of spinach or baby spinach
1/2 cup of chopped red cabbage
1/2 diced cucumber
1 diced red bell pepper
1/2 Fuji apple chopped
1/2 an avocado
1/2 cup chopped baby carrots
1/4 cup sesame seeds
Fresh ground pepper 
Add in the sauteed shrimp 
olive oil & red wine vinegar for dressing or balsamic vinaigrette 


2 comments:

  1. Sounds delicious! Where do you get the shrimp? I love grilled shrimp! Im going to try this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got it at Seaside Market by our house but you can get it pretty much anywhere as long as it's fresh!

    ReplyDelete