Friday, May 10, 2013

I just NEED that crunch....


Please tell me you’ve heard of Suzie's Spelt cakes.?? If not, you are missing out. They are amazing. I’ll have to say one of my biggest struggles with trying to eat well all the time is I really need that crackery-crunch aspect. I crave it. I need it. For example, it’s hard for me to eat yogurt plain, salad without nuts/seeds/croutons or soup without crackers, the list goes on and on. However, the downside to that fun little fact about me is that it’s waaay too easy to make a huge dent in a cracker box while snacking on “just a few” of them and the calories can rack up pretty quickly which is no bueno. Thanks to our local Seaside Market, where I find almost all my hidden gems, I discovered these amazing low-carb creations. 


These thin cakes have become the olive to my martini, the bread to my butter...you get the point. They're gluten-free, super low-carb and made with corn, quinoa, sesame seeds, sunflower oil and sea salt. They are great with hummus, peanut butter or avocado. So if you happen to suffer from the same craving as I do, allow Suzie to be a part of your daily lives and trust me, your waistline will thank you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment