Friday, May 24, 2013

Just Be

There is so much pressure all over the place to be, think and act a certain way. I'm sure at times we all find ourselves giving in to that pressure, succumbing to things we wouldn't normally do, acting in ways that may be out of our character, trying to be like someone else, etc. I know I'm guilty of it sometimes and I think that's what makes the world go round. I believe we are always constantly learning who we are and what we stand for and by nature we are influenced by others. I don't think it ever stops. Sure older people are "wiser" and have had many more experiences thus more expertise on certain things. But I'm sure they are still learning about life, who they really are and what it all means. I think life is too damn short to be anything but yourself and although it can be confusing at times as to who that person is exactly, never stray from being true to you. 

This may seem a bit sappy for a beautiful pre-Memorial Day Friday, however, if you take anything from this, I hope you realize your individuality's influence on the world. Do what YOU want this weekend, sing that song super loud in front of strangers because you can, let yourself fall to the floor convulsing with uncontrollable laughter with no shame, eat that massively juicy burger with eagerness without worrying what other people are thinking, walk up to a stranger and strike up a conversation because they may end up being one of the most interesting people you've ever met...You will be surprised at how good it feels to do what makes you happy, exaggerate what makes you, you and let yourself just be.

***
 ***
 ***
  
***

***



 

No comments:

Post a Comment