Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Cinnamon Sugar-Coated Popcorn

Allowing yourself to indulge every once in awhile is definitely necessary. One of my newest go to "cheat" treat is popcorn...covered...in...cinnamon sugar...Yup. 

Thanks to my creative boyfriend, who happens to have just a wee bit of a sweet tooth (wink wink), as he came up with the idea. One of my favorite things to have for breakfast when I was growing up was cinnamon/sugar toast which was just buttered toast sprinkled with a cinnamon sugar blend. As I was walking through TJ's one day I saw this actual Cinnamon Sugar GRINDER?! I instantly came to terms with the fact that there was no possible way I was leaving the store without this little bottle of sin. So I cut to the chase and threw it in my cart. Who knew it would end up being the yin to the popcorn's yang? I'm not even kidding. Divine doesn't cover it. 

All you need is popcorn, some butter (melted) and some sprinkled cinnamon sugar. I use the Brummel and Brown butter because it's blended with yogurt and has less calories and saturated fat than regular butter. I used Organic Lightly Salted Popcorn from Sprouts, however, if you have a popcorn popper at home- I'm jealous and would you mind if I borrowed it from you? Indefinitely... I've wanted one for so long and just haven't made that happen yet. Nothing better than freshly popped popcorn :)



 *15 cals and 4g carbs for 1 tsp* 



*Not freshly popped but it'll do*



*Add the melted butter (about 1-2 tbsp) & some magical Cinn & Suga*



*Again, my favorite trick w/Tupperware, Shake, Shake it up!*



 Prepare for your taste buds to be dazzled. 

Enjoy :)


4 comments:

  1. gotta try this! toine is still addicted to throwing in half a bag of chocolate chips and letting them melt (don't give greg any ideas) but i'm sure this will work for him. i know ella would go crazy for it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. how many planks do i have to do after this? hahahaha

    ReplyDelete