Monday, May 6, 2013

One of the most amazing fruits (yes, it's a fruit) on earth...avocado baby.



There are a lot of things I'm obsessed with. In fact, anything I like tends to turn into me being "obsessed" with it. I'm just weird like that. However, don't discount the validity of these things I'm obsessed with because they are all truly amazing in their own way. At the top of my list is avocado. I believe it's safe to say I consume about 4-5 avocados a week. To some that may sound a bit over the top. But I am proud of this little fact about myself because these babies are SO incredibly good for your bod. I add them to my scrambles or omelettes, put them on sandwiches, in salads, in my smoothies and a la carte. I'm not calling anyone dumb, misinformed or uneducated, however, I do think there's a good chance you aren't fully aware of all the benefits avocados have to offer. They contain vitamins A, C and E thus full of antioxidants, strengthen your immune system, help with weight management (full of fiber), great for your heart, help lower cholesterol and the list goes on and on. They are also amazing for your skin. One of my favorite at-home facials is avocado mixed with honey. The oil in avocados provide crazy moisture for your skin. You must try it, you will be hooked! This was my lunch today. Cucumbers, a big slab of hummus and some avocado sliced up with sea salt & pepper. Yum yum!


No comments:

Post a Comment