Tuesday, May 7, 2013

A veggie scramble type of morning...

One of my favorite healthy breakfasts is egg scrambles with lots of veggies. I used to only have a 2 or 3 egg scramble with salt n pepper and that was it. However, I found myself getting hungry not too long after eating it. And that is definitely no good. So, I decided adding veggies in would be a great way to get some of my daily dose of vegetables in for the day, as well as adding a little more girth if you will to leave me a little more satisfied. There have been many days where I feel I don't have enough time to make it or I'm just not in the mood. However, it really takes no time at all. If you are someone who is SUPER on top of it, you can dice up the veggies the night before to save some time in the morning.


Veggie Scramble

1 tsp of coconut oil

2 eggs

Avocado

1/4 cup diced onions

1/2 cup diced red bell pepper

1 tbsp fresh minced garlic

1/2 cup diced zucchini

a sprinkle of Oregano

1 tbsp of sesame seeds (not pictured here)

Himalayan Pink salt 

Fresh ground pepper



I usually turn the heat up to medium for a few minutes to get it hot. Then I'll add in the coconut oil, onions and garlic. I let that saute for awhile. It smells amazing and it caramelizes a bit which is divine. Then I add in the veggies for a few minutes, then the eggs. It depends on how you like your veggies. I try not to cook the crap out of them because you lose some of the nutrients. But you also don't want hard zucchini in your scramble so just kind of play with it. After the eggs it cooks pretty fast and I add in the Oregano and pepper. 


Once it's on the plate I add a tiny dash of salt and some more pepper of course. You can never have too much pepper in my book. I use Himalayan salt but you can use regular sea salt as well. I've read some great things about Himalayan salt so I decided to switch over. Click here to find out more info on that. Add some avocado slices and you have yourself a filling but healthy breakfast.

* If you are part of the Sriracha club like I am, add a little to the scramble for a spicy treat :)



No comments:

Post a Comment