Monday, May 6, 2013

I can't remember exactly when this obsession began but I have a SERIOUS love affair with sweet potatoes.

I could eat sweet potatoes every day of the week. I'm sure after a while I would get sick of them but point being- I love the crap out of the darn things. There are many different ways to eat and prepare the little suckers but my ultimate favorite is sweet potato fries. I'm salivating already. If you follow this recipe below you will not be disappointed and if you are, please feel free to contact me as I would be happy to hash it out with you ;)

Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Peel the sweet potato ( I always wash it first even though you are taking off the skin because the "peeler" touches the skin then the inside of the potato but maybe I'm a little over-cautious) and cut into fry-like pieces. Make sure not to make them too thick or too thin and try to make sure they are about the same size/width. Otherwise you end up with a bunch of overcooked/undercooked pieces.

Next, sprinkle them with olive oil (or coconut oil), season them with sea salt, lots of fresh ground pepper, paprika, cinnamon (trust me) and a tiny bit of garlic salt. The combo may sound nuts but trust me your palate will thank you. Spread them out directly onto the cookie sheet making sure none of them are overlapping. Bake for about 25-30 minutes making sure to flip them halfway through. Enjoy! 



2 comments:

  1. Hey, if you prepare them the right way they aren't that bad for for you! They are also my favorite! Ill eat a whole barrel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! I think that's why I'm so inlove is usually something that good is terrible for you. Not these babies!

    ReplyDelete