Saturday, May 25, 2013

Happy Birthday to my Main Squeeze!

Planning the perfect birthday celebration for someone can be quite stressful. However, this year I discovered that sometimes keeping simple is the way to go. I treated my boyfriend to breakfast and hot chocolate in bed, Iron Man 3 (accompanied by popcorn and Junior Mints of course) and a nice homemade Italian style meal at home. Anddddd.... I think it was a success :) 

Here are a few pics from the day!


*Started off the morning with Suja Spark - my fave*
 

*Greg's slightly unhealthy (wink wink) but DELISH breakfast sandwich I made him with cheese focaccia bread, turkey bacon and eggs*


 *We saw an 11:30am showing of Iron Man 3.... um, when was the last time you went to a movie that early? It was so much fun and the mula you save is even more fun. 
PS Need some workout motivation? Go see this movie. Gwyneth P is ripped and made me want to chuck my popcorn across the theater*


*A few gifts for the birthday boy*


*La Vieille Ferme Sauvignon Blanc (a tasty white wine choice for $9) on the balcony before dinner*


 *A simple salad with baby spinach/romaine, red bell pepper, carrots and croutons*


 *Panko Parmesan Crusted Chicken with Wasabi Tomato Sauce and French Bread*


*Homemade Chocolate Wine Cake (thanks to my friend Ash for the recipe!) that appears to be on fire*


***


Happy Birthday babe!!



1 comment: